2/27/10

Using a signature

If you've spent any time at any of my blogs (except my cookbook), I'm sure you've noticed that I use a signature on all my posts. When I first started blogging I tried to make my own signature. It was ok. It wasn't spectacular or anything but it wasn't horrible either :)

I finally found a site that I could make my signatures and not even have to sign up for anything. It's called My Live Signature. It allows you to use up to 25 characters in your signature, customize the font and the color and even decide what kind of slope it is going to have (you'll notice on this blog it's tilted a little...that's the slope.). I just love it. And it's simple. Here's what you do:
  1. Go here and create your signature. Just select "click here to start" and follow the instructions. It's pretty straightforward.
  2. When your signature is created it will have a place at the bottom of the page that says "use this signature". Click that. Copy the HTML code that they give you.
  3. Go to your Blogger dashboard.
  4. Click on "Settings" for the blog you want to add the signature to and then go to "Formatting".
  5. At the bottom of that page is a place that says "Post Template". Paste the code into that section.
  6. If you want the signature to be centered then add the (<)center> code before the section you just pasted into "Post Template" and the (<)/center> code after it. Remember, don't put the red parenthesis as part of your code :)
  7. Go to the bottom of that page and select "Save Settings"
That's it! Your signature will now appear in all your posts!

post signature

4 of the people I love gave me love:

Sherri Murphy said...

y- you are very good at explaining things. I may have to try this when I get a little time.

Living a Balanced life in texas said...

yay! now i have a signature woohoo!

william manson said...

great idea Kath, will be back tomorrow to try this out, thanks xx

Shark Bait said...

My signature is actually one of the things I am most proud of about my blog.

It looks like a fish, but it uses my initials as the body, and the B looks like a fin.

I used mylivesignature, and I found it very user-friendly.

<-SB><

Post a Comment

I hope you have a beautiful day! ♥

Get Free Shots from Snap.com