2/28/10

Follow Me (and other people)*

I got asked the other day how you can follow this blog besides using the RSS feed. I answered my friend in the comment section but then I decided to write about it here for everyone to see (I assume that most people don't jump around reading comments on older posts).

Since I have added pages to my blogs (yes, all of them :) they are all at the top of my sidebars on each of my blogs) my follow me widget is no longer on the front page. It is now on the page that says "Follow Me"....click here* to bypass everything and go straight to it if you want....I'll wait...

Back? Great! Besides following me by finding my page and clicking on the widget, you can follow me (or any other blog) from your dashboard. This is what you do:


1. On your dashboard at the bottom of the page is a section called "Reading List". One of the tabs is "Blogs I'm Following". Underneath the list are two blue buttons. One says "ADD" and the other says "MANAGE". Click "ADD".


2. A box pops up that says "Step 1: Add Blogs to Follow". "Add from URL" or "Import from Google Reader". Copy the URL of the blog you want to follow and put it in the box by "Add from URL".



3. Now it should say "Step 2: Following Options". You can choose whether to follow publicly or anonymously. I always choose publicly but that's up to you. 



4. It will take you to a screen that says you are now following that blog. Click "Done".


That's it :) You're now following that blog and the updates will show up on your dashboard! I obviously do this often because I follow close to 100 blogs (98 as of today LOL). Have a great Sunday everyone!






post signature


*UPDATE: My follow me widget is no longer on another page. It's back on my home page. You can still follow people through your dashboard via the instructions above. 4/10/10

2 of the people I love gave me love:

william manson said...

ANOTHER FABULOUS POST, GREAT HELP FOR BLOGGERS, THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES DEAR XX

Doris Sturm said...

Thanks, Kathy, that was great help. I love learning something new. I appreciate it.

I hope you're having a lovely day. I answered your question about my location in a reply e-mail to your comment. Let me know if it didn't go through.

Happy Monday :-)
Doris

Post a Comment

I hope you have a beautiful day! ♥

Get Free Shots from Snap.com