3/26/10

How to make the © symbol

I thought today I would just write a quick post and tell you how to make the copyright symbol. I know there are probably times you'd like to add it to something you wrote. 

There are several different ways to make that symbol. I'm going to tell you three.

1. Press and hold down the ALT key and on the keypad (the number pad on the right hand side of your keyboard...not the numbers above the letters) punch in 0169

This is the best way to do it if you want it somewhere you cannot edit the HTML (like in the title of this post)

2. When writing a post you can click on Edit HTML and add & copy ; with no spaces where you want the © symbol

3. When writing a post (or editing the HTML of anything for that matter...this goes for #2 too) click on Edit HTML and add & # 169 ; with no spaces where you want the © symbol

That's it :) Pretty cool huh?


post signature

2 of the people I love gave me love:

william manson said...

thats two posts in a row that have been VERY useful to me.. u go girl xxx

Doris Sturm said...

That IS pretty nifty, Kathy, but why would I need that? With that c on there, would it actually have to be copywrited? or can people just not copy and paste what you wrote? I don't even know how to go about legally copy wrighting something - don't you have to register it with some agency?

Post a Comment

I hope you have a beautiful day! ♥

Get Free Shots from Snap.com