4/3/10

Adding retweet button to your posts

Have you noticed the retweet button on my posts? I have it on all my blogs except my Happy At Home blog. I just didn't feel like I would have anything there that people would want to retweet.

I like it though. It makes it easy for people to share specific posts of mine on Twitter. I really like it on my cookbook the best!

Would you like to add it to your blogs? Here's what you do:

1. Go here 

2. Copy the code for the button. I use the first code they show. You could alternately use the compact button if you wanted to. I don't mess with any of the other stuff (changing the URL or changing the @username). I think it's fine with just the basic code

Here's where people usually get scared but it's really easy so don't worry!

3. Go to your Blogger dashboard/Layout/Edit HTML

4. Check the box that says 'Expand Widget Templates'

 
5. Find the following code (you can go to the top of your browser and click on Edit and then Find and put in the code and it will find it for you..)


6. Directly above that code, paste the code you copied from TweetMeme. It will look like this...


7. Between that code and the data:post.body code I added breaks (<)br> so that there was a space between my retweet button and my post. That's up to you if you want to add one or not. Here's what that looks like close up...




8. Preview your layout to make sure it looks right and then save it.

You now have a retweet button that is on every post! Now people who visit you can retweet your specific post and not just your blog in general!


post signature

5 of the people I love gave me love:

Unknown said...

You are SO SMART, you know that?
You learn all this all by yourself? WOW
hugs
shakira

Unknown said...

Kathy, I DID IT! WOW... now.. what?
I do not even tweet! LOL Ha ha ha
love you!

Coco said...

I need to come here and spend a day learning. Have you posted anything about a reader? I keep my blogger account open to be able to read stuff but it is a pain in the arse. If you haven't posted anything could you possibly some time in the future?

You so totally rock Kathy. I love your spirit. I love that you are always trying to help us tards with blogs.

♥ Kathy said...

Test comment :)

william manson said...

very clever lady xxx exactly how I did it xx

Post a Comment

I hope you have a beautiful day! ♥

Get Free Shots from Snap.com