4/20/10

Why?

I've been thinking a lot lately about why I blog. Many of you know that I have several different blogs that I write. Five to be specific. Each one is based on a different subject.

In case you don't know, I'll briefly tell you about each one. 

This blog, Blog Love, was started because I wanted a place to post the awards and prizes that I've been honored to receive from my fellow bloggers. Then I decided to give a few tips. That's turned into 45 specific posts on tips now and become the main focus of this blog. I like helping other people know how to do the things I've learned how to do. 

This Crazy Adventure I Call Life originally started out on my own domain but then I accidentally deleted it, got disgusted with myself, cried for a day or two and then decided to start it over here on Blogger where it was free. It's always been the place that I've talked about things that have interested me but didn't have anything directly to do with me. The news, TV, movies, weird stuff that caught my attention. Those kind of things. 

The Eat Food NOT Money Cookbook started out because of a conversation I had with a friend of mine. She was complaining about how much money they spent eating out every day. If you spend an average of $5 per meal per person each day to eat out, that's $900 a month for two people. And if you only eat out twice a day that's still $600 a month for two people. I spend under $350 a month for two people to eat each month and that includes EVERYTHING: breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. That also includes other people eating with us occasionally. And we eat well. Trust me. So I decided to put my budget friendly recipes out there for other people to enjoy. 


Happy At Home (aka H@H) has always been my place to rant, rave, brag, cry, laugh, be silly and be serious about me. About my home life. About things that bother me and things that make me happy. Pretty simple :)

Me & My Memes began because I really like to participate in memes and decided that they were kind of taking over my H@H blog. So it was born to just play games. I love it there. I post at least one something every day there except Sunday. Occasionally I do post on Sunday's there if a special meme comes along (like Jenner's game last Sunday). I have fun there.

Between all of those blogs I've written 1337 posts. I had to re-add that number and make sure it was correct. I couldn't believe it. It was right. I'm amazed I've written so much but I'm proud of that too. 

Looking at that number reaffirms my thought that I blog because I love to do it. It also was the reason behind this post. It made me think of all of you and wonder why you blog? What was the reason you started blogging? Have you gotten what you wanted to get out of it? Do you see yourself blogging for a long time or is it something you think you'll lose interest in? 


I really am interested in knowing why so please tell me in your comments today. Oh, one special note, Doris, make sure there is no space in front of your email address when you enter it. I actually got an error with MY email address and then realized I had put a space in front of it. That might be the issue. I know your one email address DID work. I left a comment using your information on yesterdays post if you want to look at it. I also sent you an email about it :)

Have a nice day everyone! 





post signature

0 of the people I love gave me love:

Get Free Shots from Snap.com